Quarterly Results

Quarter

4Q 2018

Fourth Quarter 2018 Highlights
  • Diluted net income of $1.73 per share, diluted NAREIT FFO of $0.41 per share and diluted FFO as adjusted of $0.43 per share
  • Closed on the previously announced sale of Shoreline Technology Center in Mountain View, California for gross proceeds of $1.0 billion
  • Completed the previously disclosed sale of 19 senior housing communities to an investment fund managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management for $377 million
  • Acquired our partner's interests in four life science assets for $92 million
  • Under contract to acquire Sierra Point Towers, an office and life science campus adjacent to our 591,000 square foot development, The Shore at Sierra Point, in the South San Francisco life science submarket, for $245 million
  • Acquired 87 CambridgePark Drive, a 64,000 square foot life science facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts for $71 million and development rights on an adjacent site, 101 CambridgePark Drive, for total consideration of up to $27 million
  • Accelerated commencement of Phases II and III of The Shore at Sierra Point development in response to tenant demand and our leasing success of Phase I, which is 100% pre-leased
  • Repaid $1.2 billion of debt using proceeds from dispositions and capital markets transactions 
  • Raised gross proceeds of $156 million through our ATM offering program and completed a public offering of 17 million shares of common stock
  • Received credit ratings upgrades from S&P and Moody's
  • Expanded leadership responsibilities of Peter Scott and Tom Klaritch, promoted Shawn Johnston and Glenn Preston to Executive Vice President and welcomed Jeff Miller to lead senior housing asset management

 

Full Year 2018 Highlights 
 

  • Diluted net income of $2.24 per share, diluted NAREIT FFO of $1.66 per share and diluted FFO as adjusted of $1.82 per share
  • Reduced operator concentration and improved the quality of our senior housing portfolio through the completion of $1.1 billion of non-core asset sales and transitions to new operators at 38 communities
  • Entered into a $605 million 51%/49% joint venture in a two million square foot medical office portfolio with Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing 
  • Sold our Tandem Mezzanine Loan investment, which eliminated our exposure to both stand-alone post-acute/skilled-nursing assets and highly-leveraged mezzanine investments 
  • Closed on the sale of a 51% interest in our U.K. holdings and expect to sell the remaining 49% interest by no later than 2020
  • Created a program with HCA Healthcare, Inc. ("HCA") to develop primarily on-campus MOBs
  • Strengthened our balance sheet with $2.3 billion of debt repayments
  • Signed approximately 865,000 square feet of leases for our life science development projects
  • Appointed Kent Griffin, Lydia Kennard and Katherine Sandstrom as independent directors to the Company's Board of Directors
  • Recognized for our continued sustainability leadership and performance by several prominent Environmental, Social and Governance ("ESG") benchmarking institutions
Most recent earnings call