2Q 2020 Earnings Results
Second Quarter 2020 Highlights
- The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve rapidly. In order to provide more up-to-date information about the impact of COVID-19 on Healthpeak, we have included certain key operating metrics through July 2020 in this release.
- Balance sheet and liquidity:
- In June 2020, issued $600 million of 2.875% senior unsecured notes due 2031 and used proceeds to redeem all of Healthpeak’s outstanding $300 million 3.150% senior unsecured notes due August 2022 and to repurchase $250 million of Healthpeak’s 4.250% senior unsecured notes due November 2023, pursuant to a tender offer completed in June 2020. Healthpeak incurred losses on debt extinguishment of $26 million in June and approximately $18 million in July in connection with the refinancings. Following these transactions, Healthpeak has no material scheduled debt maturities until November 2023.
- As of July 31, 2020, had $2.85 billion of liquidity including full availability on Healthpeak’s $2.5 billion revolving credit facility and approximately $350 million of cash and cash equivalents.
- In June 2020, closed on the previously announced sale of the three Frost Street medical office buildings in San Diego, CA, generating proceeds of approximately $106 million, representing a cash capitalization rate of 6.0%.
- In April 2020, closed on the previously announced $320 million life science acquisition of The Post, a 426,000 square foot life science property located within the Route 128 submarket of Boston, Massachusetts. The stabilized cash and GAAP capitalization rates are 5.1% and 6.5%, respectively.
- Development completion:
- Delivered a 52,000 square foot, three-story Class A medical office building, located on HCA's campus of Lee's Summit Medical Center, in Lee's Summit, Missouri. The development was 51% leased to HCA upon delivery.
- Development leasing:
- In July 2020, signed two leases totaling 60,000 square feet, with a weighted average lease term of 8.5 years, bringing the 75 Hayden Avenue development to 100% leased. The project is expected to be completed and delivered in the third quarter of 2021.
- In June 2020, signed a 17-year lease with a full-building user totaling 74,000 square feet at our Boardwalk development project in San Diego, California. The 190,000 square foot Class A, three-building development is now 39% pre-leased.
- Declared quarterly common stock cash dividend of $0.37 per share to be paid on August 25, 2020, to stockholders of record as of the close of business on August 14, 2020.
- Published 9th annual ESG Report covering 2019 environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives and progress; and named to Corporate Responsibility Magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens List for the second consecutive year.